To implement ‘best practice’ clinical care strategies that improve care and manage costs, within a team-based, consumer directed, prepaid care delivery program.
Focus of ‘Best Practice’
- To care for individuals with complex illnesses needing comprehensive, integrated care delivery and care coordination;
- To focus on improving individual’s quality of life;
- To provide seniors a continuum of services, including preventive care, medical visits, dental care, vision services, behavioral health, prescription medications, durable medical equipment and social services support;
- To assign a clinical care manager to each senior participant–to assist with care coordination.
Quality of Life Goals
- Design and implement innovative approach to health conditions experienced by seniors;
- Support senior goals of maintaining dignity and attaining individual independence;
- Improving senior’s quality of life and maintaining independence.
Develop Mobile Integrated Health Services
- Partner with local ambulance service staffed with paramedics to respond to individuals with urgent care needs right in their own home;
- Paramedics work in coordination with primary care teams that are familiar with senior participants. Paramedics have specialized training to conduct assessments and provide clinical care when medically appropriate.